Ice Cream Fling


It was the ice cream that led to the decision to have a fling.

I'd been thinking about it all week long. I knew it was going to happen Thursday night, so the Monday before I stopped on my way home to look at all the flavours. This way I'd be ready by the time Thursday came. A good idea I thought. I decided on popcorn, chocolate and black sesame.

I was feeling rather good on my way home that Thursday because a) I'd made a decision and b) I'd just eaten ice cream, so I popped into the pub to say hello to some friends.

Someone asked me "Are you going out?" (I was in such a good mood I didn't feel the need to point out that I was already out), but I said, "No, don't think I shall, I'm happy, just had some ice cream and going to head home". To which I was told quite frankly, "that's how you become a fat lonely old spinster..."

And that is when I made my mind up to have a fling.

If I had a fling, I'd prove I'm an adult and then I could continue eating ice cream without any fear of becoming a lonely old cat lady. I don't even like cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment