DAY FIVE

Let's skip to The Present for a moment.




We are entirely made of bits of stuff.

VIVIENNE READS THIS (2014, December 5, 6:48am):

What we see, we see   
and seeing is changing


the light that shrivels a mountain   
and leaves a man alive

Heartbeat of the pulsar
heart sweating through my body

The radio impulse   
pouring in from Taurus

         I am bombarded yet         I stand

I have been standing all my life in the   
direct path of a battery of signals
the most accurately transmitted most   
untranslatable language in the universe
I am a galactic cloud so deep      so invo-
luted that a light wave could take 15   
years to travel through me       And has   
taken      I am an instrument in the shape   
of a woman trying to translate pulsations   
into images    for the relief of the body   
and the reconstruction of the mind.

(from Planetarium by Adrienne Rich)

No comments:

Post a Comment